No results on CFD-Post

Hello,

I am using the student version Ansys academic v 19.3 to simulate a problem with Ansys Fluent (Windows 7). After completing the analysis, the CFD post don't display the results even though there is no error shown.

I tried to reboot the machine,but didn't work. So i searched on this formum for similar cases: after unistalling and downloading  the software again, i tried to clear out my Ansys profile (as shown on this: https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/no-license-available-at-this-time/ ). After the new installation i'm having the same problem, so i tried to set the "License Preferences" on "use a separate license for each application", but still doesn't work.

Can you help me?

Comments

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    edited November 2019

What are you seeing in the CFD Post window? Ie is Post failing to launch, failing to show an image, failing to read the data or have you missed pressing a button somewhere?  I'd suggest using post processing in Fluent with the more recent versions: we no longer train CFD Post for Fluent as most functionality has been transferred and Fluent runs in parallel. 

• damderdamder Member
    edited November 2019

This is what i see:

edited November 2019

How did searching the installation section for "black screen" go?

• damderdamder Member
    edited November 2019

Anyway, thanks for you suggestion about fluent post processing. I just started learning how to use Ansys!

edited November 2019

Fluent is fairly easy to pick up initially, but it's a long process to become an expert: I started using Fluent in 1995 and still don't know how to use all the functions/models.

Fluent uses a different graphics system so tends to suffer from fewer (and different) problems relating to cards & drivers. 

• damderdamder Member
    edited November 2019

The problem was my graphic driver: I forced the use of NVIDIA processor for "cx1950.exe" and "postgui_ogl.exe" and all works fine!

Thanks for your support!

• rrhrrh Member

@damder

Hi Damder,

I met with the similar issue of black window. I think it might be the problem with graphic driver. Would you share how to force the NVIDIA processor for 'cx1950.exe' and 'postgui_ogl.exe'? I am really appreciated that!

Assuming it's Win10, right click on the launcher icon. Pick "Run with graphics processor" and then the NVIDIA option. You may need to alter the default.