CLSVOF- theory help

Hi, 

I'm using the Fluent Release 19.0 Academic version and was wondering for the theory guide help. I scrolled the theory for the CLSVOF model, but wasn't able to find out the "coupling" relationship of VOF marker function with level set function; before the re-initialization of level set function takes place. I know there's a functional dependency based on the Heaviside functional formation and in literature people have used different values of the Heaviside function. Also, the properties (like density and viscosity) are being calculated from the level set function. However I'm unable to find the exact equation of the functional dependence of the properties on level set function. Also it would be helpful if I'm provided with the basic algorithm for the same. Note that I'm not using any UDF, just the in-built coupling of level set with VOF model. 

The images show the functional dependence of F with Phi and Rho and Mu with Phi.(Taken from Sussman et al. (2000)   

Comments

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator
    edited November 2019
    Won't add any other info than already mentioned in the documentation.
  • Outy95Outy95 Member
    edited November 2019

Hi, can you at least redirect me to where the property formulation and coupling is mentioned in the theory guide? I'm unable to find it under the CLSVOF model. I'm using CLSVOF and getting the required result. But it's of no use if I don't know the coupling formulation and property formulation. 

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator
    edited November 2019
    If not mentioned in the manual please understand that I won't share anything in this open community. But maybe this can help you www.hep.princeton.edu › YanPDF
    Coupled Level Set Volume of Fluid (CLSVOF). More theory can be found under doi:10.1080/10407790.2016.1265311