HFSS/HFSS-IE Antenna Reflector Gain/Efficiency accounting
Hello Ansys representative,
- I am using the near field solutions of a 300GHz patch array designed in the 65-nm CMOS process and exciting a cassegrain reflector structure in HFSS IE. I get the gain, directivity and efficiency numbers (listed in the slide attached) from —
- A single element excitation (say element 1, 2 , 3 … etc)
- 7 individual elements (active array not connected — neither in series nor in parallel) excited at the same time
- And after the 7 element array’s near field solution data is fed to the reflector in HFSS IE.
- Could you please help me understand — does the reflector’s antenna parameters (obtained from HFSS IE) include the array’s efficiency effects? Considering gain vs directivity — is the efficiency counted twice - once in HFSS for array simulation and second in HFSS-IE for reflector simulation?
- If we are going to use gain, we have to use the power delivered to the antenna not the total radiated power from the circuit?
Thanks and Regards,