Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Getting a script error code: 80004005 Line:45377 — Ansys Learning Forum

Getting a script error code: 80004005 Line:45377

Hi! I am not sure why but I am getting this error consistently every time I try to open Ansys mechanical. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I am still getting this error. Please help! thanks! 

Comments

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator Posts: 8,851
    edited December 2019

Can you look in Workbench to see if there are any messages there too? 

• moawezawanmoawezawan Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2019

That's the error message showing. It is weird because it was working fine a few days ago. 

• moawezawanmoawezawan Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2019

sorry accidentally clicked on the solution option...and it isnt geometry issue its something with the mechanical interface of workbench. 

Edit: rwoolhou. No worries. Think deleting my post fixed it: will wait for Win to get on. 

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator Posts: 3,071
    edited December 2019

moawezawan,

Try this.

Make sure all ANSYS applications are closed, then try registering the DLL's by starting a Command Prompt with "run as administrator" ,  and issuing the following commands

regsvr32.exe ole32.dll

regsvr32.exe atl.dll

regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll

regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll

regsvr32.exe jscript.dll

regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll

All must say successful.

Then, open up a regular Command Prompt , do not "run as administrator", and issue the following command

move "%appdata%\ansys" "%appdata%\ansys.old"

Thanks,

Win

• Vlad5435Vlad5435 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2020

I had the same issue and this solved it. Thank you Win

• Tejas1012Tejas1012 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2020
    I'm getting same error please help
  • felippeyofelippeyo Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2020

Hi, I could fix the problems using the same steps

For the first part you can watch this video:

Inside the prompt you will insert the commands:

regsvr32.exe ole32.dll

regsvr32.exe atl.dll

regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll

regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll

regsvr32.exe jscript.dll

regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll

And after this step you should go to Disk C:-> Users-> The folder with your name -> AppData -> Roaming -> Ansys. So you can rename the folder with your license (mine for example is v201) for "(Your License)_old" (mine for example v201_old).

I hope it works

• kaitovakaitova Member Posts: 85
    edited June 2020

Hello Win, can you please help me? 

I seem to get the same issue.

I have tried to run the scripts in the command prompt, but several of them didn't run, see below.

In addition, I cant find this appdata. This is my working laptop, I am afraid to do something wrong, but maybe it is better to reinstall ansys at all?

Thank you for help.

Please, let me know what I should do to fix this.

• feliperignaciofeliperignacio Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2020

hey guys,

all the codes that i executed say succesfull but in my desk i dont find the folder ¨app data¨ instead i got ¨calibry library¨ with the file named ¨metadata¨ what to do in this case??? 

pls help me - sorry for my english 

felipe 

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator Posts: 8,851
    edited June 2020

appdata is the location for all of the user settings (graphics etc) and can cause problems with the software if it corrupts.   If you've run a model the files should be wherever you saved Workbench. 

• HeMengHeMeng WuHan,ChinaMember Posts: 13
  • banubanubanubanu Member Posts: 1

!!!!!

Thank you so much, I have been facing error "Line 45950 80004005" for three hours and your directions worked. Now my Ansys is back to its healty life :) I will pray for you all to be saved by others in your hardest times.

Greetings from Turkey

Banu