Remeshing Method in Dynamic Mesh
I'm about to simulate a rotary compressor part with air in between. Below you will see the picture of the part that is being compressed with air. I am using the dynamic mesh with remeshing to simulate the compressing process of this part.
The zones are defined in Dynamic Mesh as:
- Wall-top and Wall-bot as Deforming with geometry definition of cylinder
- Wall-back and Wall-front as Deforming with geometry definition of plane
- Wall-left, Wall-bot-left, Wall-right and Wall-bot-right as Rigid Body with UDF Define_CG_Motion (a sinusodial function)
I used time step size of 0.01s with 100 number of time steps but the simulation stops at 0.35s as a problem with 'negative cell volume detected' occurs. I would like to simulate the process till the ends where the bottom part becomes almost a sharp edge. Below shows the end results of the simulation.
Following are my questions:
- Is there a way that I can make the wall-bot-left and wall-bot-right to also deform and acts as a rigid body?
- Can I make the wall-bot to be deleted when a certain minimum value achieved?
- Is there an alternative way to solve the problem faced?
Thank you in advance for you help.