Condensation of water over surface of cooling tube

Hi, I would like to model the condensation of water from the ambient humid air on the circular cooling tube surface (5 deg C) by using ANSYS Fluent. I have tried with Mixture model and Eulerian model for 2D model, however I didn't obtain the condensation behavior as I expected. What specific model should I use to model this problem?

Your reply is highly appreciated! Thank you.

Comments

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator
    edited January 2020

You better use Eulerian Wall Film Model or Condensate Injection (Yes an Injection unsteady particle tracking). Better as beginner to start using EWF.

• bong96fuibong96fui Member
    edited February 2020

Any reference that I can refer to? I am not really sure about the settings

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    edited February 2020

Check the tutorials that come with the help system. Not sure if there are any for EWF as it's a newer feature. 

• How to identify whether condesnsation will occur only at wall or also at interface between vapor/liquid or vapor/air ? For example, I want to simulate a simple vertical plate where the left side of vertaical plate as mixture of air and water vapor coming in at a specific velocity and temperature while the right side of the vertical plate is maintained at cool temperature say 5C which is below dew point. The other sides of the wall can be considered as adiabatic. So in this case , will there be only wall condensation or bulk condensation too?

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator

Are you referring to a certain validation experiment? if the condensation is only occuring at the wall you might restrict the investigation to "wall condensation" and you do not need to account for any condensation far away from the walls.