ANSYS Worbench Topology Optimization

When I click solve for the topology optimization, it does nothing and only shows an error stating:  "The nonlinearity exists in the analysis. If the Topology Optimization solution is performed and convergence is met, then please check to see if the solution is acceptable.  

Can you please help me solve this problem. 

Thank you in advance

Comments

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Member
    edited February 17

In the first image, I see errors that say the file is in use by another process.  I suggest you make a new folder on the C: drive called C:ansysdata

Save the project into that folder, then try to solve.  The files in this folder will not be accessed by any other process.

• naousdaniellanaousdaniella Member
    edited February 18

Thank you for your response.

I did what you told me but I still keep on getting the same error message about the nonlinaerity existing in analysis

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Member
    edited February 18

That is a warning message, not an error message.

Topology Optimization works well on linear models. It may not be stable on nonlinear models. Therefore, if the Topology Optimization converged, you must check your results carefully to see if you think it has found a valid optimum.

edited February 19

Thank you. but I can see the analyses results but TO does not converge at all.
    These are the material properties that I have used. And I have another warning as well. Perhaps this can lead to a solution

edited February 20

When I try to import the geometry to Ansys 19.2 instead of R3 it gives me this error 

One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update. You can identify these tree objects by filtering the tree using the Scoping option set to Partial.