Rigid body meshing error

I have an assembly in a static structural study. When all parts were flexible, the model ran just fine, but to decrease simulation time I redefined some parts as rigid. I updated the contacts between the rigid parts and the flexible parts, making sure the rigid parts were the Target side and the flexible parts the Contact side. 

When I solve the simulation now, I get these errors shown in the images below: 

"Rigid bodies scoped to contacts will require remeshing to solve successfully, but cannot be meshed because meshing is blocked."

Does anyone know why this meshing error appears and how can I fix it?

Best regards,

Margret

Comments

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Member
    edited February 26

Right click on Mesh and Clear Generated Data.  Then right click on Mesh and Generate Mesh.

• MargretSRMargretSR Member
    edited February 27

There is no generated mesh to clear.

The structure of my workbench is I have one Mechanical model where I load in steel parts I need for my analysis but I defined them rigid there. Then I have one ACP Pre where I have a part made from composites and I generate a solid model there. These two components are then imported into a static structural component, when I try to solve that, then I get these errors but there is no existing mesh there that I can clear as you suggest. 

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Member
    edited February 27

I don't have experience with ACP Pre.  Maybe you can't use Rigid bodies in the combination you want. I don't know for sure.

• Hi Margret,

I am having a similar issue, and I also have an ACP solid model along with a rigid body (along with some non-rigid bodies). However the rigid body is not making constant directly with the ACP solid model. Supressing the ACP solid model nets the same error.

Have you had any luck with this error?

• Instead of rigid make your parts flexible but give them a very high Young's Modulus ~1e18 Pa