Black Screen Discovery AIMS Student version

I installed the Discovery Aims Today but I am not getting flow options as shown in figure.

I have to Intel integrated Graphic card and Nvidia GEFroce MX250

Please someone can help me?

Comments

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator
    edited March 24

Have you tried updating graphics drivers to the latest available from their corresponding vendor website ?

Also, make sure in Nvidia Control Panel that you set your Nvidia card as default

Thanks,

Win

• I am facing the exact same problem. Graphics drivers are updated, Nvidia card is set as default. Furthermore, when loading a module like Mechanical, I get this error message:

What can be done?

Do you have an install.err file under <install_dir>\ANSYS Inc (or <install_dir>\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student) folder ?

What Nvidia card do you have ?

If Nvidia doesn't work, try using your integrated graphics and update its driver. Depending on what you have, you may need to set its control panel to use full performance too.

• Dear tsiriaks,

no, there is no such file.

The card is an GTX 950M. When running with the integrated Intel GPU, the same error appears.

I've just realized you have posted this same issue on multiple threads. Please post only on one thread so it doesn't confuse me and others.