Analysis License Manager error

Hello,

I am using Ansys 2019 R1 which is provided by my university through a VPN and is downloadable on my computer. However when i try to run an analysis it come up with the following licensing message. When i download the software from my university it downloaded the full Ansys package. 

The error message that I'm receiving is as follows - 

ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR:

Could not connect to any license server.

ANSYSLI_SERVERS: [email protected]

FLEXlm Servers: [email protected]

***ERROR - ANSYS license not available.

Can someone help in sorting out this issue as I need the software to complete my final year project?

FYI - I'm not the best when it comes to the configuration of mt computer so I may ask for additional help.

I look forward to you response and help

Kinds regards and thank you in advance,

Aamir Alaracu

Comments

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    edited March 31

If you're using VPN into Uni you'll also need to set the licence manager to see the Uni licence server.  

• aamiralaracu1aamiralaracu1 Member
    edited March 31

Hello Rwoolhou,

Thank you for the quick response. How will be able to set the license manager to see the university license server?

Kind regards,

Aamir Alaracu

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator
    edited April 1

You have network communications issue

For a client machine to be able to check out licenses from a server machine. The client machine must be able to resolve the IP of server and communicate via port 2325.

Please do the following to test whether your machine satisfies this.

You can do that by launching CMD Prompt then type

ping HVS-ITS-LIC03

These should resolve to an ip address

Then, test

telnet HVS-ITS-LIC03 2325

If it connects, you will see a blank screen; otherwise, it will throw error

Note that your machine may not have telnet feature turned on. You can turn it on by typing Windows features in "Search Windows" tool box , then look for "Turns Windows features on or off" and launch this. Then, scroll down to the bottom and check "Telnet Client" > OK

Thanks,

Win

edited April 2

Hello Tsiriaks,

I followed the guidance that you provided however the error message is still being shown. I am connected to my university VPN but still no luck.

Would be able to provide further support?

Kind regards,

Aamir Alaracu

edited April 6

Hi Aamir,

That is not to resolve the issue but to pinpoint the issue you are having. What are the test results from ping and tellnet commands ?

Thanks,

Win

edited April 7

Hello Win,

I have attached the a few screenshots to show the outcome of the ping test and telnet command. I switched on the telnet feature as you mentioned after my first try of tring the telnet command and it failed.

I hope this helps you in figuring out what the problem is.

Kind regards,

Aamir Alaracu

edited April 10

Thank you Aamir, this looks good.

Next, try the following command

"%awp_root193%\..\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_util" -statli [email protected]

Also, try

"%awp_root193%\..\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\lmutil" lmstat -a -c [email protected]

Thanks,

Win

edited April 11

Hello Win,

Thank you for responding quickly and efficiently.

I have attached the screenshots of the commands.

Screenshots for command "%awp_root193%\..\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_util" -statli [email protected]

Screenshot for command "%awp_root193%\..\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\lmutil" lmstat -a -c [email protected] when I triend this command, it threw an error which is shown on the screenshot.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Aamir Alaracu

edited April 15

This looks fine.

Can you explain again what analysis you are trying to do and what you clicked/did that leads to the licensing error.

Also, please post the screenshot of the error message, inline with text.

Thanks,

Win

edited June 23

I am trying to do perform a modal analysis to first ake sure all components are attached to each other. after completion of the modal analysis I need to perform a crash analysis of the model.

I do apologise in the late response as I was working on another project.]

Thanks,

Aamir

edited June 24

Hi Aamir,

This is odd. So you can open up Workbench and Mechanical but you get the error when you try to start the analysis ?

Can you open up CMD Prompt, and enter the following command

set

and post the output of it here ?

Thanks,

Win

edited July 2

Hi Win,

Please find attached the CMD Prompt for 'set'.

Thanks,

Aamir

edited July 3

Hi Aamir,

This looks good too.

At which point did the error come up ?

Please also post the screenshot of error and include the entire application GUI in the image.

edited July 3

Hi Win,

The error comes up when i try to solve the model.

Please find attached the error message and the GUI.

Thanks,

Aamir

edited July 4

Hi Win,

I have successfully managed to get the solver working. There are no more errors with the loading of the simulation.

Thanks,

Aamir

edited July 6

Hello Win,
    Please ignore my previous post. The issue is still present. I have contacted my university IT helpdesk with the same query. I will update the post when I hear back from them.

Thanks,
    Aamir

edited July 7

Hi Aamir,

This is way too odd. Your machine did pull licenses just fine to launch Mechanical but it couldn't pull solver license. Is this solved locally on your machine ? What do you select/setup in your 'Solve Process Settings' ?

You can check the license logs on client side under %temp%\.ansys

You should have licdebug.MECH.193.out with the content that's mostly successful checkout

and licdebug.ANS_SOLVER.193.out that may have the denied. Or if you want, just search for the files in this folder by date modified and look at the bottom entries of each recent file to see if there is any denied anywhere.

Thanks,

Win

edited July 7

Hello Win,

I have attached images which show the setting for the 'Solve Process Settings' below. when you ask if the solution is done locally, do you mean if the files are saved on my computer and not on a cloud drive?

I cannot check the license logs under command %temp%\.ansys.  I also cannot check this  licdebug.MECH.193.out or this licdebug.ANS_SOLVER.193.out. Can you please advise where i can locate them?

Thanks,

Aamir

edited July 9

Hello Aamir,

Could you reattach the solve process setting image ? It seems to be lost.

For the local solve vs remote solve, this is also defined in solve process settings. If you are using 'my computer' that's a local foreground solve. But if you use remote solve (RSM), the job would be submitted to solve on another machine and that machine would be the one that pulls the solver licenses.

As for this %temp%\.ansys  , this is not a command, it's a path. You can copy and paste this in your Windows File Explorer address bar and it will lead you to the directory that contains those licdebug files.

Thanks,

Win

edited July 10

Hi Win,

Please find attached the photo for the solve process settings.

Attached are the photos for the licdebug.MECH.193.out.

Also attached is the photo of the licdebug.ANS_SOLVER.out.

Thanks,
    Aamir