two antenna in hfss

I'm designing a nano satellite with 2 antennas on it. One antenna operates at amateur VHF and the other one operates at amateur UHF frequency range. How can i simulate two antennas at once ?how to create radiation boundary ?

Comments

• rtkrtk Pune, IndiaForum Coordinator
    edited April 7

Hello, 

In HFSS, for excitation of two or more antennas simultaneously, go to 'edit sources' (Right click Excitations >> Edit sources) and make the magnitude of every ports (ports of one or more antennas) as 1 and analyse. (see the snap below)

For radiation boundary, different options are there in HFSS depending upon the circumstances. You can refer the help document for the possible ways of assigning radiation boundaries to an antenna. That will give an idea of the required boundary for your case.

Regards,

• raxithraxith Member
    edited April 17

I'm using one monopole(at 145MHz) antenna and one dipole(at 437MHz) antenna on a aluminium satellite body. I did edited the sources but it still doesnt show the right results. Can you tell me how to give proper radiation boundary for these 2 frequencies?

• rtkrtk Pune, IndiaForum Coordinator
    edited April 29

Hello,

Giving same magnitude for source should work for multiple antennas.

For the boundary settings, you can try by selecting 'Create Open Region' and see. That will work.

Regards,