Installation issue

Hello,

I'm trying to install and run ANSYS 2020 R1 student version. But after all the installation is done the program is nowhere to be found in the computer.

-I downloaded the program from the web site

-extracted the files

-run as admin the setup.exe file

-Agree with the terms and conditions 

-selected the file to store

-then search for it and nothing.

Is there something wrong in my steps or can this be resolved by other means?

If any other info is needed please let me know

Thank You.

Comments

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator
    edited April 7

Open CMD Prompt, then type

"%awp_root201%\Framework\bin\Win64\runwb2.exe"

Does this launch Workbench successfully ?

Do you have an install.err file under (default) C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student

• Saos92Saos92 Member
    edited April 7

Hello tsiriaks,  

The CMD step launched the program successfully. I got a license error  but when relaunching the the error is not showing

The instal.err is not in the files.

How can this be resolved?

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator
    edited April 10

So your installation is probably fine. It's just the issue with shortcut

Browse to your ANSYS installation directory (default) C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v201

then, right click on productconfig.exe and 'run as administrator'

select Configure Products and make sure you select all products on the list and hit next.

Does this make any difference with the shortcut ?

• Hi .. I have the same Problem.

I downloaded the last version of ansys v201 .. with the license from my university but I cant find the shortcuts .. unless i search them in the start menu.

Is there any way to have all the products in one folder ?

thanks in advanced

• @smmoaman

In the Start Menu, you can find a product you want easy access to, such as Workbench. Right click on that and select Pin to Start. Then you will get a tile that makes it very easy to start Workbench. You can do the same for SpaceClaim or any other product.