ANSYS 19.0 Visual studio + Intel parallel studio XE version required for UPFs?

Hi,

I am trying to implement a UPF into ANSYS 19.0, however I need to be running the correct version of visual studio and parallel studio for the correct fortran compiler version. The platform support plan for ANSYS 19 (https://www.ansys.com/-/media/ansys/corporate/files/pdf/solutions/it-professionals/platform-support/platform-support-strategy-and-plans-19.pdf?la=en) says that in ANSYS 19.1 visual studio 2015 and Intel parallel studio XE 2017 will be needed, however I need to know which versions are needed for ANSYS 19.0. Can anyone help me with this? 

Comments

• raul.raghavraul.raghav Bethlehem, PAMember Posts: 478
    edited June 2018

I'm not sure if you've already found a solution to your problem, but still posting this for others having trouble.

Attached is a screenshot of the compiler compatibility provided in the Ansys Installation Manual for different Ansys release.

• vganorevganore Pune, IndiaAdmin Posts: 679
    edited June 2018
  • juan.rojasjuan.rojas Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018

Are you using VS Community 2017 with which version of Ansys? 19.1?

• brocktreebrocktree Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018

Does Ansys Student version support UPFs?

• Max PowerMax Power Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2018

I would very much like to know the same thing. Sofar I couldn't get the customization files from the installation and without those it doesn't seem to be possible.

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator Posts: 8,371
    edited October 2018

If you mean UDF's then yes they work in the student version. You'll need to download a compiler unless you interpret the code. 

• vidyadharvidyadhar Member Posts: 72
    edited May 2019

Hello Vishal,

I am unable to launch fluent using x86_x64 cross tools command prompt.

The message says:

launcher1.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

It gives two options :  1) Debug 2)close program

If I chose Debug, it takes me to VisualStudio and asks for permission to debug launcher1.exe

My Ansys version is 19.2 Academic. My desktop has Windows 7 installed on it.

i have downloaded Visual Studio 2019 community version. Should I use VS 2017 instead?

Thanks in advance!

vidyadhar

• jcalleryjcallery Forum Coordinator Posts: 301
    edited May 2019

Hi vidyadhar,

Yes please use 2017 instead.

Thank you,

Jake

• Mn65Mn65 Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2020
    Hi Raul

Do you think the Ansys Mechanical Student version support UPFs? or it is necessary to have the ANSYS enterprise? please see the  GUIDE TO USER-PROGRAMMABLE FEATURES |, 

Chapter 1: Understanding User Programmable Features (UPFs)

Thank you.

Marzieh

• cnaccnac United KingdomMember Posts: 7

Hello

I am using ANSYS 2020 R2 and need

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017 Version 15.0 (including the MS C++ compiler), Intel C++ 2019.3.203 and Intel Visual FORTRAN 2019.3.203 compilers

For my coding in Workbench can I just use icrosoft Visual Studio Community 2017 Version 15.0 (including the MS C++ compiler)? Do I need rest of the compilers? Does anyone have a link for the Intel C++ 2019.3.203 and Intel Visual FORTRAN 2019.3.203 compilers?

Thank you