Portable License not working

Hello,

I am a student that is trying to get a portable license to work for ANSYS. Although I do have 2 licenses I have tried using, they for some reason will not connect when I go to open workbench, so my schools IT dept. provided me with a portable license. I downloaded this licenses, left the file in the downloads folder and and then followed the instructions and ran the following commands in CMD prompt:

• setx ANSYSLMD_LICENSE_FILE "%USERPROFILE%\Downloads\portable.lic" 
  • setx DYNARDO_LICENSE_FILE "%USERPROFILE%\Downloads\portable.lic" 
  • setx ESTERELD_LICENSE_FILE "%USERPROFILE%\Downloads\portable.lic" 

Still, when I open Workbench it says there is no license server found. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator
    edited May 6

Can you open up that portable.lic file and make sure that the license hasn't expired ?

Also, go to %temp%\.ansys\  folder -> Sort by Date Modified -> Look for DENIED lines in those recent files.

• Dear ANSYS Technical Support Team,

I put the portable license file under C:\Downloads and setup the environment as shown below:

• setx ANSYSLMD_LICENSE_FILE "C:\Downloads\portable.lic"​​
    • setx ANSOFTD_LICENSE_FILE "C:\Downloads\portable.lic"​​
    • setx DYNARDO_LICENSE_FILE "C:\Downloads\portable.lic"​​
    • setx ESTERELD_LICENSE_FILE "C:\Downloads\portable.lic"​​
    • setx HCLMD_LICENSE_FILE "C:\Downloads\portable.lic"​​

When I open ANSYS, the console shows it is only loading the student license. How would I be able to load the research portable license instead? I am pretty sure that it has not expired.

Best regards,

Lugia_06

I put the portable license file under C:\Downloads and setup the environment as shown below:

When I open ANSYS, the console shows it is only loading the student license. How would I be able to load the research portable license instead

When I open ANSYS, the console shows it is only loading the student license. How would I be able to load the research portable license instead

• mmadoremmadore Forum Coordinator

You may try renaming your C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\student.lic to student.lic.old