Ansys Student Workbench timed out problem

Hey! I am a student, I currently installed ANSYS 2019 R3 academic student version and after installation, I am having a problem starting it. After installing the program, "Workbench" did not appear in the start menu. Then I went to the file location below and ran "RunWB2".

C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v195\Framework\bin\Win64

But I encountered a problem like this and the items on the left did not come.

"Connection timed out while reading data. The application has stopped waiting for a reply.

The license server may be experiencing a high demand or a temporary outage. Try again later."

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• yusuftunchyusuftunch Member
    edited May 2020

License Status:

May 17, 2020 17:12: Attempting to display the license status...

====================================================================================================

DISPLAY THE LICENSE STATUS:

ANSYS Licensing Interconnect path = 

ANSYS FLEXlm license path = C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\student.lic

***** Note: Due to a FLEXlm limitation, all tasks may not be found *****

<================================================================================>

<================================================================================>

***** LICENSE SERVER STATUS: C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\student.lic *****

lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2015 Flexera Software LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Flexible License Manager status on Sun 5/17/2020 17:12

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]

Error getting status: No SERVER lines in license file. (-13,66)  

====================================================================================================

• yusuftunchyusuftunch Member
    edited May 2020

I open "Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility" and i pressed "Set license Preferences for User yusuf". i choised "2019 R3" and click "OK". 

AND;

Please help me..

• kkanadekkanade Forum Coordinator
    edited May 2020

Please post the questions in appropriate category. Moving this question to other category to get better response. 

Moving to installation

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator
    edited May 2020

Don't use the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility. This tool is not for ANSYS Student (Free) version.

Open CMD Prompt, the enter the following command

set

and post the output of it here.

Also, what is the output of the following commands

move "%appdata%\ansys" "%appdata%\ansys.old"

"%awp_root195%\..\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_util" -checkout FLUENT_SOLVER

• Hi, Please find the below screenshots, I have the same issue. I am also using Student version and tried few time reinstalling the app, but no luck.

Please help me with this issue.

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

@Himanshu8431

For your case, the command would be

"%awp_root202%\..\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_util" -checkout FLUENT_SOLVER

to reflect 2020 R2 version.

Also, your screenshot misses the top part of the 'set' output

• I have the same problem

could someone help me please?

• julendrajulendra IndonesiaMember

Do this in CMD:

cd c:\program files\ansys inc\ansys student\shared files\licensing\winx64

and this

ansysli_util.exe -checkout FLUENT_SOLVER