FEM Stress analysis with a simplified bearing
Following parts are available:
- Bearing blocks, representing the housing
However, the bearings are missing.
Following Elements were applied:
- Fixed constraint on the bottom of the two bearing blocks
- Remote displacement on the other end of the shaft ( x rotation and displacement ramped)
- Force on the end of the shaft
- A group of four spring elements on each bearing block should add a stiffness, representing the bearing stiffness.
The shaft will be bent upwards in the positive Y-direction. I didnt get what I was looking for in the results. I wanted to see a force acting on the bearing blocks as well, but there was no deformation nor stress on them. Why?
The setup and results are seen below