Critical Error

Hello, 

I am trying to install Student Software 2020 R1 and I am getting critical error. One solution that I have read is to delete uninst_data.dat but I can't find it in the folder where I extracted the zip file downloaded from ansys website. 

I have read a few threads but I couldn't solve my problem.

I have also re-downloaded the software and tried the installation again but no luck! my drive space is nearly 30 GB

I would also like to notify that I have 2019 R3 version installed already. 

Comments

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator
    edited June 6

Have you tried the following command in CMD Prompt 

move "%appdata%\ansys" "%appdata%\ansys.old"

Another thing to try is to go to the folder in your screenshot, then browse in 'prereq' folder and manually run all the installers here one-by-one. Make sure they are all successful. You can skip the opencl and MPI related ones. You may need to reboot after this.

If that doesn't help, please provide the following info

Open Windows Event Viewer  -> Custom Views -> Administrative Events , then see if there is any error event related to crashing logged in here. Another location you can check is -> Windows Logs -> Application . Post screenshots of all relevant errors to this installation

In CMD Prompt, enter the following command

set

then post the output of it here.

• Hi, I have followed these instructions as I am having the same problem and none of them worked

Here is my output for CMD command set.

• Hi, I have followed these instructions as I am having the same problem and none of them worked Here is my output for CMD command set.

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

What directory is your installation package in ?

Try turning off all security on the machine during the installation

Do you have any event logged in the Windows Event Viewer ?