Problem regarding ANSYS 2019 R2 License Renewal

29roysoma29roysoma Dhaka,BangladeshMember

I have been using the ANSYS Student Product , version 2019 R2. The license of the software was due to expire on 31st May, 2020. However, the licensing of the Post-CFD software expired a day earlier. So I had this friend of mine download the same version and email me the license file. I'll attach the photo of the process he followed to extract the license file from the downloaded installation pack.

I replaced the license file in the program files folder. ( E:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensing ) After doing this the Post-CFD software worked fine for a day, until 31st May. I launched FLUENT using command line-

%awp_root194%fluent
tbinwin64fluent.exe .

It shows:

2020/06/03 19:29:56 INFO Demo license file E:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingstudent.lic exists.

ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR:Capability Fluent Solver does not exist in the ANSYS licensing pool.

The specified license path:

ANSYSLI_SERVERS:

FLEXlm Servers: E:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingstudent.lic

does not have any licenses for any product. Please make sure

the license server has been started correctly.

Hit return to exit.

Unexpected license problem; exiting.

Can anybody suggest me how to solve the issue? I thought of downloading the actual installation pack, uninstall, clear roaming data and re-install. But my friend is facing the same problem and re-installing didn't help her.

Comments

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    edited June 3

If your friend has 2019R2 too the licence won't be any different: it timed out one year from when we created the install, not from when you downloaded it.  Have you tried installing 2020R1 yet? 

• 29roysoma29roysoma Dhaka,BangladeshMember
    edited June 3

I had my friend download the 2019 R2 again on 30 May, 2020, as it is supposed to contain a new license file. He then mailed me the new license file to replace the old one. I followed the procedure as stated in the photo attached to my post (Sorry I forgot  to add it to my post before)  

No I didn't try installing 2020 R1. I kinda wanna stick to the same version.  

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    edited June 4

There is no new licence in 2019R2, it's part of the original package. To update the licence read the sticky, you'll need to download the latest version and follow the instructions.