Can't install software on a computer other than host computer

I've been able to install software on the host machine for our server but when someone else tries to install software on a computer other than the host computer they get this error:

Failover feature 'ANSYS electronics_desktop' specified in license preferences is not available.

Request name electronics_desktop does not exist in the licensing pool.

License server machine is down or not responding.

See the system administrator about starting the license server system, or

make sure you're referring to the right host (see LM_LICENSE_FILE).

Feature

electronics_desktop

Hostname

TheMachine

License path

[email protected];

FlexNet Licensing error

-96,7.  System Error

11001 "WinSock

Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)"

I've double-checked that the port 1055 is open on my network, I've given public permission through windows firewall to every ANSYS program I could find listed as well as a couple of other programs that were listed on other threads.

If I could get some help with this that would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    edited June 19

Did the software install OK, and it's the licence that's preventing it from running? Or the installation failed and complained about a licence? 

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator
    edited June 19

Most likely DNS (networking) issue.

Can other computers ping this machine ? Please post the output of ping test here

• Has this topic already been resolved? We are currently facing the exact same error message. We have already conducted a DNS flush in order to clear the local DNS cache as well as checking port access (1055, 2325, 27005).