Reorder Design Points in parametric study

AlexCAlexC BostonMember

Hi,

I'm doing a parametric study in Ansys Fluent. I know how to do it. Now I want to add one more design point. Please see a screenshot as below. However, I want to move the results of DP 2 before DP 1, namely, put the current DP 2 between DP 0 and DP 1. I didn't see how I can do that. 

Similar question. If I want to add a new DP between DP 1 and DP 2, how should i do it?   These two questions are basically for the same purpose. Thank you. 

Best,

Alex

Comments

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Member
    edited June 28

Copy the table and paste into Excel. Reorder as you want, then copy and paste back into Workbench.

• AlexCAlexC BostonMember
    edited June 28

Hello thank you for your reply.  Sorry but I don't see how that would solve the problem. 

Sure I can copy and paste the table in to excel, reorder it, and then copy it back into Workbench. But then I'll have to re-run the simulation for all the parameters again, which in many cases is very time consuming. I really hope to only reorder the design points without having to re-run the simulations. 

Please let me know if I misunderstood your point. 

Alex

edited June 28

I don't understand why the order of the rows in the Design Table is important. In my mind, each row is independent of any other row.

Why don't you just put the new case in as the last row?

If you want to plot the data from all the rows in the table, then copy the table, paste it into Excel, sort the rows as you wish and plot the data in Excel.

edited June 28

Thank you for your quick response.  Good point. Sorry I didn't make it clear. 

I'm collaborating with several other people on this simulation. There are many design points, and I may add more every now and then. I wish the order in the Workbench can be the same as my excel table, so that when my collaborator finds some results problematic in Excel, they can easily track that design point in workbench. When the order in Excel is different with the workbench, I have to add a column in Excel to remember which design point is correspodent to which row in Excel. That's OK. But if Ansys allows me to reorder in workbench directly, that would be great. 

edited June 28

I don't think there is any way to reorder the rows after the row has been solved.

edited June 28

Thank you! Appreciate your help!

Alex