Error on opening Workbench Project - how to save/recover

jscaljscal Member

Good afternoon,

I am unable to open a Workbench file (.wbpj) and I get a multitude of errors, the first is:

System.InvalidOperationException: The FileContainer member is null but the file container appears in the static container list. The cause is probably FileContainer access during project open, before the FileContainer is fully loaded from disk.
at Ansys.Core.DataModel.ProjectSystem.Project.get_FileContainer()
at Ansys.Core.DataModel.ProjectSystem.Project.get_FileManager()
at Ansys.UI.Workspaces.Workspace.UpdateWindowTextFromProject()
at Ansys.UI.Workspaces.Workspace.Refresh(Boolean refreshViews)
at Ansys.UI.UIManager.Receive(IEvent eventInfo)
at Ansys.UI.UIEventManager.HandleEventFiring(List`1 observers, IEvent eventInfo)
--- Ansys.Core.Events.EventPublishFailedException: The FileContainer member is null but the file container appears in the static container list. The cause is probably FileContainer access during project open, before the FileContainer is fully loaded from disk.
Event:
at Ansys.UI.UIEventManager.HandleEventFiring(List`1 observers, IEvent eventInfo)
--- System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at Ansys.UI.SRMWQueue`1.Dequeue(DequeueDelegate del)

Does this mean the file is corrupt?

if so, is there anything I can do to save it?

In the Workbench Project there were:

• engineering data
  • geometries from linked CAD files
  • static structural analyses (global and submodel)
  • parameters for all analyses

Unfortunately I do not have a backup.

Thanks for any help,

Jack