Error updating Workbench after Fluent Parametric Study

Brayden YorkBrayden York CanadaMember

Hi all,

I've been using workbench to run various fluent simulations with parameterized values. I have recently started running the simulations on a new machine that is set as a host to the previous machine, which is the license server (in case this is useful). Many of the design point updates go well, but occasionally after a design point is done solving I am hit with the message:

Error: Communication with WB failed due to wrong XML format

in the fluent transcript. There was a discussion here with this same message a few weeks ago, and the suggestion to enable "update full project" for retained design points, which initially worked. I have run into the problem again however with this option enabled, and am curious to what the underlying problem really is. I feel as though "update full project" was a workaround to the problem.

Creating a new project has also worked in the past, but I would rather not have to keep resorting to this since I will eventually be doing a DoE and response surface.

Any insight into this is appreciated, let me know if you need any other information.

- Brayden

 

Ansys 2020R1 used.

Here is a copy of the end of the transcript as well:

  iter  continuity  x-velocity  y-velocity  z-velocity           k       omega     time/iter

    89  1.2734e-02  2.4963e-04  7.5238e-04  2.5666e-04  3.7000e-03  1.7139e-04  0:00: 35   11

    90  1.2626e-02  2.4869e-04  7.4724e-04  2.5583e-04  3.6907e-03  1.7078e-04  0:00: 31   10

    91  1.2555e-02  2.4808e-04  7.4369e-04  2.5471e-04  3.6824e-03  1.7014e-04  0:00:28    9

    92  1.2517e-02  2.4774e-04  7.4186e-04  2.5389e-04  3.6766e-03  1.6933e-04  0:00:25    8

    93  1.2491e-02  2.4670e-04  7.4131e-04  2.5291e-04  3.6673e-03  1.6761e-04  0:00:21    7

    94  1.2462e-02  2.4605e-04  7.4043e-04  2.5193e-04  3.6524e-03  1.6527e-04  0:00:18    6

    95  1.2440e-02  2.4444e-04  7.3897e-04  2.5058e-04  3.6269e-03  1.6215e-04  0:00:15    5

    96  1.2412e-02  2.4210e-04  7.3524e-04  2.4836e-04  3.5908e-03  1.5878e-04  0:00:12    4

    97  1.2355e-02  2.3954e-04  7.2927e-04  2.4603e-04  3.5553e-03  1.5528e-04  0:00:09    3

    98  1.2217e-02  2.3597e-04  7.2154e-04  2.4293e-04  3.5069e-03  1.5204e-04  0:00:06    2

    99  1.2066e-02  2.3198e-04  7.1093e-04  2.3928e-04  3.4454e-03  1.4901e-04  0:00:03    1

 

  iter  continuity  x-velocity  y-velocity  z-velocity           k       omega     time/iter

   100  1.1875e-02  2.2746e-04  6.9783e-04  2.3558e-04  3.3817e-03  1.4596e-04  0:00:00    0

 

Error: Communication with WB failed due to wrong XML format

Error Object: #f

Writing "| gzip -2cf > SolutionMonitor.gz"...

Writing temporary file C:\Users\MACDON~1\AppData\Local\Temp\flntgz-43562 ...

Done.

 

Writing data to C:\Users\MacDonald Lab\Documents\Brayden\Fluent\StudyRev4\Parametric Flow_files\dp2\FFF\Fluent\FFF.1.ip ...

x-coord

y-coord

z-coord

pressure

x-velocity

y-velocity

z-velocity

k

omega

Done.

Comments

  • Brayden YorkBrayden York CanadaMember
    edited July 6

    Update:

    I have switched the license server to the new machine, and I am still encountering the error. I have also tried to use the new fluent workflow and meshing, with no luck. Occasionally, simply running the simulation again will work, other times it doesn't. It seems very inconsistent, not great when running long simulations or a large number of design points.

    I'll report back if I find anything more.

     

Sign In or Register to comment.