Simulation not converging after reloading case and data file

celinelim96celinelim96 Kansas City, MOMember

Hello,

So I was running my simulation on Fluent and everything was converging well and good, but I stopped my simulation after awhile to try to increase the number of processors in order to try to get my results faster. However, after reloading my last saved case and data files, the simulation does not converge as before.. see attached photo: 

note how towards the end the simulation does now converge as before. 

I also didn't change anything in the setup. I just reloaded the case and data and just ran the calculation. Does anyone know why this happens? 

Thank you,

Celine 

Comments

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    edited July 8

Is it struggling or (more likely) is it the residual plot wasn't retained?   My model is converging nicely, the data from before about iteration 10,200 is nonsense. I restarted this run this morning as I don't tend to leave it overnight when working at home. 

• celinelim96celinelim96 Kansas City, MOMember
    edited July 8

Hello sir,

Yes! So in my case it's the opposite of yours... before stopping the simulation my simulation was converging fine. However once I stopped it and reloaded the case and data it struggled to reach the same convergence before i stopped the simulation. 

Celine

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    edited July 13

How do the results look?  Changing core count shouldn't cause any issues. What models are you using? Any UDFs?