Changing Scalar Range

I am currently unable to change the maximum scalar value to a lower maximum for the scalar range. I am using Ansys 2020 R1 if that helps. However, I did see a forum where they said to turn off automatic range, but I have been unsuccessful in finding this tool. Also, this is being attempted in a static structural simulation. Lastly, it seems I am only able to increase the maximum value and cannot lower it.   

Comments

• AniketAniket Forum Coordinator
    edited July 9

you can not change the minimum value of a contour legend if that is what you want. You can add another band and change the color of the band to grey or something like that:

• hblaine8hblaine8 Member
    edited July 10

Thank you for the help, I was trying to change the maximum and minimum values of the scalar to more easily compare stress distribution across several cases. 

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Member
    edited July 11

If you uncheck Max, Min on Color Bar, you can set the the highest value to a value larger than the maximum and lowest value on the legend to a value smaller than the smallest to get consistent numbers on every plot.

If you want a value less than the maximum, then you have to set the second highest legend value. Use what Aniket says on the Independent Bands for Top and Bottom in order to set the highest legend value.

Also, right click on the Legend and you can Manage to Save the Legend and give it a name, then you can use that name in other systems in the same Workbench project. You can also Export the legend as an XML file, then import that XML file into another Project's Legend to make it easy to keep the Legends consistent.

Did you know you can also increase or decrease the number of colors in the color band. Right click on a color and then click on the + or - box.

• AniketAniket Forum Coordinator
    edited July 13

If you uncheck Max, Min on Color Bar, you can set the the highest value to a value larger than the maximum and lowest value on the legend to a value smaller than the smallest to get consistent numbers on every plot.

Yep, but you can not decrease the max value, and cannot increase the minimum value.

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Member
    edited July 13

Yes, we agree on that point.