Parameter set

Hello, i am working on my thesis on NACA Airfoils and I encountered a problem when I tried to update my design points in parameter set it gave me the following errors!! can anyone help me please ? 

Comments

• KremellaKremella Admin
    edited July 15

It looks like you are seeing an error during the meshing process. For running a Design Point study, your meshing process has to be extremely robust. Please open the meshing GUI and test your meshing process using the dimensions from a couple of design points. You will realize where the error comes from.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Karthik

• AmirnephAmirneph Member
    edited July 15

Thank you sir, i will try it
    ps. would it help if I posted a picture of the geometry ? because I think it's why it doesn't work so that you can point out the flaws you see ? 

• KremellaKremella Admin
    edited July 15

It might not be a whole lot of help if I look at the geometry. Unfortunately, this is one of those errors which you will need to go inside and change your design parameters in geometry and see how Ansys meshing behaves. You will need to make the meshing process as robust as possible to ensure that your workflow is not compromised. Please change the design parameters in your geometry and see how this change affects your meshing process.

Thank you.

Karthik

edited July 15

Thank you sir, this has helped me so much.

one final question if you will; what would you say are the best meshing parameters for a NACA Airfoil ? just so that I can confirm I'm on the right path.

Thank you again.

Amir

• KremellaKremella Admin
    edited July 16

Hello,

Here are some links you can use to understand how airfoil meshing is generally done.

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/meshing-related-issues/

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/3d-wing-mesh-strategies/

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/airfoil-mesh/

Are you running a 2D or 3D simulation?

Thanks.

Karthik

edited July 16

Thank you kindly sir, i will take a look at them.

i am running a 2D simulation for now but I will be passing on to 3D ones since I am working on a wind tunnel later on.

Thanks.

Amir

edited July 16

it may be useful to note that my goal is to change the angle of attack using the parameters set. i know i can just change the velocity X and Y but i thought i'd use the rotation function in the geometry and then use it as an output parameter so that i don't have to mesh everytime i change the AoA. but i keep having problems when the AoA changes, mainly in the meshing process. i have changed my geometry many times so i do not know how to go about it.

Many thanks, 

Amir

edited July 17

i may have solved my problem sir, by working with the velocity components. i got good results but the problem now is that I got negative drag coefficient and drag values....i do not know how to change the vectors. can you please help sir ?

Thank you in advance

Amir