How do I download results when I'm out of AEUs and if my simulation is complete?

Hello,

I'm running a 12 hour run on the cloud and my job failed due to insufficient AEUs. This is the error message I get:

[2020-07-7 10:03:30Z] Insufficient elastic units available. Job stopped.

In this case, my meshing is complete and I have results from my sweep of 82 frequency points has been run. How do I download these completed results? I'd like to continue my simulation locally.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• mcoderonmcoderon Member
    edited July 31
    You can use either the Cloud Portal or the CLI to manually download file(s) from the job. However I'm not sure what to do with them once you have them as I am not a Electronics user @Kremella   can you weigh in on that part?
  • Hi,

Please follow the download process as when the simulation/job has been completed successfully. Go to the Simulation tab > Select Scheduler > Authenticate with cloud subscription information > Select Monitor > Select the original submitted file > wait for the confirmation related to the job id and job status > Then, at the bottom select Download all files. 

Once the folder is downloaded ionto your computer, restore the archive file and you can continue the simulation locally. 

Please refer to the link below for more information on the download process. https://www.ansys.com/products/platform/ansys-cloud/cloud-webinars.

• Hello All!

Thank you for this information. This is very useful for jobs that are completed successfully. I would like to know about the failed jobs. I have a failed job in the middle of sweep and I'd like to access the simulated data and continue my run locally. Can you please suggest a way to do this?

Thank you.

• Hi @prajput

The process is the same even if the simulation failed. AEDT will download the files contained in the cloud folder and when the folder is local, you can start the simulation.

• Hello @Kremella

Thank you for this response. However, I'm not able to make this work.

Select Monitor > Select the original submitted file > wait for the confirmation related to the job id and job status > Then, at the bottom select Download all files.

My folder is empty when I download this and I can see the files on the cloud. However, there is no output folder and I'm not able to download it.

Thank you for your continued support. 

• Hi @prajput we have seen that when the failure is due to lack of AEUs, the download pf preliminary results will not be possible from Ansys cloud. Our Ansys cloud development team is currently working on this and we expect this will be possible in the future, however, if the fail is different than lack of AEUs, you should be able to download saved results.