How do I change the working directory on command line

shojishoji Member

I want to change the working directory without using fluent launcher.

Are there any commands to change working directory following this command ?

Any advice would be appreciate.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• shojishoji Member

I know the way to change directory using chdir command in fluent console, but I want to select working directory before fluent app start-up in command line.

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator

Is this related to Ansys product?

• shojishoji Member
    edited August 24

Yes. this is about ansys fluent.

I know I can change working directory on the launcher, but now I want to change it on windows command line.

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator

What do you want do? To change the working directory while launching Fluent? All available command flags are listed when you launch with -h.

• shojishoji Member
    edited August 25

Yes.

I want to change the working directory while launching Fluent. Are there any options to change it on command line?

• shojishoji Member

I want to use fluent with matlab in ass mode. But once I start-up fluent launcher, I can't operate it from matlab. So I need to launch fluent directly from matlab and without launcher.

When I start-up fluent using below command, working directory is set to same as fluent directory( C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v172\fluent\ntbin\win64).

But I want to set working directory as the other directory(C:\Users\shoji\Desktop\matlab).

Therefore, I would like to know how to change the working directory in windows command line.

When I tried to change working directory after start-up Fluent, matlab and fluent didn't connected.

Thanks.