How to Renew Ansys Student Product License

Comments

• behm0001behm0001 Posts: 10Member

Hello,

The student.ilc file is missing

that should renew my licence.

• BlairBlair Posts: 15Member

I also have the same question with @behm0001 . I find no student.lic file there but the .acldata file after extracting the WINX64.7z file for ANSYS Student 2021 R1.

So I uninstall the previous version (ANSYS Student 2020 R1) and install the latest one.

But when I open the Mechanical APDL Product launcher, I see no option for the student license or academic research. There is also no option for the student license if I click on the "Show Legacy Licenses" button.

• Imran_AhmedImran_Ahmed Posts: 5Member

I have the same problem as @behm0001 cant find the 'student.lic' file in ansys 2021 R1@Rob @mmadore Can you guys help us ?

• JoaoAlexJoaoAlex Posts: 15Member

Hello,

I´m trying to renew my student license (2020 R1). I´ve read https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/19805/how-to-renew-ansys-student-product-license, but when I go to the download link it doesn't show "download student version 2020 R2, it shows "download Ansys LS-DYNA STUDENT 2020 R2" is it the same as the full student version R2 2020? This file is small compared to the size of the student version 2020 R1 that is listed in the same download link.

• vganorevganore Pune, IndiaPosts: 701Admin

@JoaoAlex : 2020 R1 & R2 are included under prior release section.

• vganorevganore Pune, IndiaPosts: 701Admin

Guys, License key (student.lic) is not visible under student products 2021R1. Please download 2020R2 version for renewing your license.

Our development team has placed encrypted license file under 2021R1 products. So nobody can access it. I am working with the development team to understand how we can address this license renewal issue. Meanwhile, please continue to download the license key from 2020R2 products.

• JoaoAlexJoaoAlex Posts: 15Member

@vganore Thanks a lot! now I´ve seen the 2020R2 download link!

• Imran_AhmedImran_Ahmed Posts: 5Member

@vganore Thank you for the update will do that ! Can you highlight this thread so people can get to know what they have to do to get the license

• zinebaakzinebaak Posts: 9Member

hello, i have followed all steps but the toolbar looks liket his. i cant drag the ansys fuent option but it shows no errors

• mmadoremmadore Posts: 920Ansys Employee

@zinebaak What version are you trying to run? Can you open a Windows command prompt and send me the full output of running the "set" command?

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

C:\WINDOWS\system32>set

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData

ANSYS194_DIR=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v194\ANSYS

ANSYS_SYSDIR=winx64

ANS_OLD_ATTACH=1

APPDATA=C:\Users\AEE006\AppData\Roaming

AWP_LOCALE194=en-us

AWP_ROOT194=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v194

CADOE_LIBDIR194=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v194\CommonFiles\Language\en-us

CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files

CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files

CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files

COMPUTERNAME=SALV06280

ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

DriverData=C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData

FPS_BROWSER_APP_PROFILE_STRING=Internet Explorer

FPS_BROWSER_USER_PROFILE_STRING=Default

HOMEDRIVE=F:

HOMEPATH=\

HOMESHARE=\\uos-p-cifs-02.isdads.salford.ac.uk\StudentHome_01\AEE006

ICEMCFD_ROOT194=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v194\icemcfd

ICEMCFD_SYSDIR=win64_amd

LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\AEE006\AppData\Local

LOGONSERVER=\\UOS-P-DOMC-05

LSTC_LICENSE=ANSYS

NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=4

OneDrive=C:\Users\AEE006\OneDrive

OS=Windows_NT

Path=C:\oracle\instantclient_11_2_32;C:\oracle\instantclient_11_2_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\AEE006\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;

PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64

PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9, GenuineIntel

PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6

PROCESSOR_REVISION=3a09

ProgramData=C:\ProgramData

ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files

ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)

ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files

PROMPT=$P$G

PSModulePath=C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public

P_SCHEMA=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v194\AISOL\CADIntegration\Parasolid\PSchema

SESSIONNAME=Console

snow_agent=C:\Program Files\Snow Software\Inventory\Agent

SystemDrive=C:

SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS

TEMP=C:\Users\AEE006\AppData\Local\Temp

TMP=C:\Users\AEE006\AppData\Local\Temp

TNS_ADMIN=\\uos-p-cifs-01.isdads.salford.ac.uk\isdmasterapps$\Apps\Bannerapps1\Products\sct\ODBCora

UATDATA=C:\WINDOWS\CCM\UATData\D9F8C395-CAB8-491d-B8AC-179A1FE1BE77

USERDNSDOMAIN=ISDADS.SALFORD.AC.UK

USERDOMAIN=ISDADS

USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=ISDADS

USERNAME=aee006

USERPROFILE=C:\Users\AEE006

windir=C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

@mmadore

@mmadore i am trying to run the 2019 version, i have already copied and pasted the student license from the other version but it seems like the components such as fluent etc dont appear on screen

You appear to not be running the STUDENT version: ANSYS194_DIR=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v194\ANSYS. Where did you place the student.lic file? It should be C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Shared Files\Licensing

Thanks,

Matt

• KevinPlKevinPl Posts: 2Member

Hi,

I downloaded the Academic version of the software 2 weeks ago, and I'm getting messages saying the license will expire in 9 days already. How can I redo the license, as all the files I've created are in 2021 R1 version and aren't backward compatible.

Thanks

@KevinPl This has been corrected, can you please redownload 2021R1 and reinstall?

• Haimanti02Haimanti02 Posts: 3Member

Due to Windows OS constraint, I need the Ansys Student 2019 versions. How and where can I get installation files for 2019 or older versions?

• floatingstonesfloatingstones Posts: 32Member

Hello,

So after I renew my 2021R1 license with the 2021R2 file, do I have one more year of the free-license? I cannot find any way to check the expiration date of my current license.