ANSYS Academic Teaching Introductory vs. Academic Research Mechanical and CFD

My college has the Research Mechanical and CFD version where I can see the von Mises and other deformation results of a simple beam. However, on my personal machine with the teaching and introductory version, I cannot see those results.

Answers

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

Is there any error message ?

On your personal machine, go to %temp%\.ansys folder, sort by date modified to see the recent ones, and open them up and scroll to the bottom to see if there is any DENIED entry. If so, post it here.

Not sure if yours is similar to this but you can try check it out, especially those first few comments

https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/61056#Comment_61056

That part is actually fine.

If this is the only part with DENIED entries, I don't think this issue is related to licenses. It might be some issue in the software setting.

Can you post the screenshots to show the one that you can see results and the one that you can't see ?

• The School's Version that works the way I need.

The Educational version I personally downloaded

edited September 1

Hmm, it shouldn't hide these options even if you didn't have licenses. Something else is wrong about this.

Try closing all ANSYS applications on your machine, then open up CMD Prompt and enter the following command

move "%appdata%\ansys" "%appdata%\ansys.old"

Does this help ?

If not, see if you have an install.err file under (default location) C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student , and post its content if exist