Unable to contact license server machine

When running the ANSLIC_ADMIN utility I get the following error. I am trying to connect to a 5 seat ansys license from my laptop that is hosted on a desktop.

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]

Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 "WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)")  

The diagnostics for my laptop are attached. This is for 2020 R2.

The license manager is up and running on the host computer. I have added the required Ansys firewall exceptions for both computers. I can ping the IP of the desktop from my laptop in the command prompt.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• tsiriaks,

Thank you for the quick reply. I should have been more clear. This is for the ANSYS CFD package.

The issue has been resolved. I could find the host by IP but not by name. When I put the IP in the ANSLIC_ADMIN utility instead of the name I could find it but that did not match the license file I was given on the SERVER line like you mentioned.

I fixed this by matching the host name to the host IP on the "hosts" file on my computer. Instructions are given in the following link. https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/beginner-geek-how-to-edit-your-hosts-file/

Cory

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

Hi Cory,

That's great ! Thank you for the update. Glad the issue is fixed.

You are correct. My info won't 100% apply to Mechanical/Fluids. In this case, you don't need the SERVER line on the license file to match what you specify on the client side.

Cheers,

Win