Problem with loading UI

Dear Community,

after installation I get this message when opening Ansys Discovery AIM:

"An exception has occurred trying to load Ansys.UI.Web.Workbench.UI.features.xml from Assembly Ans.WebUI, Version=20.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null."

Since I also get a black screen instead of the templates, I guess these issues correlate. Any idea on how to deal with this would be really helpful! Thanks in advance.

Answers

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

What graphics card do you have on the machine ?

You can also try updating graphics driver from its vendor website (e.g., Nvidia, AMD)

• Dear tsiriaks,

I am running a Nvidia Geforce GTX 950M. I also updated the driver to the latest version. However, this didnt solve the issue. I furthermore ran AIM as administrator and with the GPU active.

Once AIM comes up, open CMD Prompt and enter the following command

"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" -l

See if you have a line that shows

...\v201\Framework\bin\Win64\AnsysFWW.exe

If not, your Nvidia is not being used.

Try this command and post the entire output

"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi"

Also, post the screenshot of the error message and the black screen. Which one do you see first or they come up at the same time ?

What if you don't use Nvidia and use integrated graphics ? Make sure its driver is also up-to-date

Another thing you can try is to reinstall all prerequisites by by going to folder (default) C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v201\prereq , and manually run all the installers here one-by-one. Make sure they are all successful. You can skip the opencl and MPI related ones. You may need to reboot after this.

• Alright, here is the full output:

Black screen looks like this:

Nvidia driver is updated and running with integrated GPU leads to the same issues.

I went through the installers, but some rejected installation due to already installed versions:

Still the issues occure.

Try the integrated graphics on your machine again and make sure its driver is up to date and its setting is to set be at maximum performance (find this in its Control Panel) . Now, when you launch AIM, you should NOT see the Nvidia GPU being used; otherwise, this is still using Nvidia.

I also want to check another thing. Open up CMD Prompt and enter

appwiz.cpl

this will open up a Programs and Features window. Scroll down to see all Microsoft Visual C++ entries. Take screenshot of this. Note: Each line should show its build version.

• Alright, here is the full output:

Black screen looks like this:

Nvidia driver is updated and running with integrated GPU leads to the same issues.

I went through the installers, but some rejected installation due to already installed versions:

Still the issues occure.

• I ran AIM with the integrated GPU on max. performance. Sadly, the issue persists.

Here is the screenshot of the Microsoft Visual C++ entries:

Your MSVC++ seems ok.

Did you check if nvidia-smi output showed ANSYS process when you were trying for integrated graphics ?

You can also try a different Nvidia graphics driver to see if it makes a difference.