Fluent 2020 R1 will not see my university License via VPN

DaliaDalia Member
edited September 10 in Ansys Products

Hi All

I have recently installed Ansys 2020 R1 , via my university , I was given the port number and the flexIm and the hostname IP. I have made sure VPN is on while installing and while changing the license information or running Ansys

The license shows as in figures below

however when I try to open Fluent with a large mesh file, it gives me a message that this is an academic license

I installed and reinstalled a number of times, disabled all the firewalls and antivirus software.

I am not sure where the problem is

can someone help please ?

thanks

Dalia

Answers

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

Hi Dalia,

All of these are academic licenses. It's a matter of what kind of academic license you are using.

The aa_r_me is ANSYS Academic Research Mechanical

The aa_r_hpc is ANSYS Academic Research HPC

If you want to use Fluent, you will need aa_r or aa_r_cfd licenses for Academic Research.

Thanks,

Win

• Hi Win

Thank you for your reply.

I managed to install Ansys again in campus without VPN.

Fluent will now open and load the mesh only if I open it outside workbench, however it won't launch or load the file if it opens from workbench.

I think the firewall might be blocking the access to license , what do you think I can try ?

Thanks

Dalia

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

Hi Dalia,

This is not a licensing issue now.

Please post the screenshot of the issue or where it's stuck.

From Workbench, does it launch the Fluent Launcher before you launch Fluent ?

Thanks,

Win