ANSYS Maxwell 18 - Why Ke coefficient drops to 0? - Core Loss Model

Greetings to all ANSYS Maxwell community,

We have built a 5kVA 3 Phase Transformer with a manufacturer and I am simulating now this transformer with ANSYS Maxwell 18. When I am trying to calculate the Core losses according to M330-50A steel, I defined the B-H and B-P parameters as per from 50, 100, 200 to 2500 Hz Frequency, which are provided by Steel Manufacturer. The problem is that, After defining the B-P parameters, Ke coefficiency drops to 0 null. Then it causes to core losses being much different (%5) than the test results after we built transformer.

Is there any solution for this problem? What causes the ke coefficieny to be as 0 after giving the parameters? Best Regards

Tagged:

Answers

• icellb1icellb1 Forum Coordinator
    edited September 18

Hi, ddcan,

Note that in Maxwell Ke means the coefficient for excessive loss not eddy current loss. The discrepancy between core loss Maxwell and your tested core loss could be due to other reasons:

1. Very often your tested core loss (density) may not even match the datasheet core loss (density) due to different measurement method or equipment. So, even if the core loss in maxwell matches the datasheet, they may not match your test results.

2. If your lab tested core loss (density) completely matches the datasheet, then that means the curve fitting in maxwell core loss section was not well performed. You can see from the graph on the right side of the BP curve window how well the curve fitting goes. Since you have curves for 4 frequencies, you can try "core loss at one frequency" and "core loss versus frequency", use different combinations of BP curves under different frequencies to see which gives you overall best curve fit to the imported BP dataset.

By the way, ansys employees are not allowed to click into non-displaying figure. Please choose upload image rather than attach files.