How to define magnetisation d

Hello together, with Ansys AIM I'm trying to define a magnet with radical magnetization. Unfortunately, I do not succeed. I do not get along with the terms. Can someone please help me?

Answers

• HG1HG1 Posts: 8Member

Sorry, magnetisation in radial direction

• ChadCapoteChadCapote Posts: 4Member
    edited September 2020

A magnet that is Radially magnetized has it's North and South Pole located at the curves/periphery of the magnets and its induction line moves through the radius. While axial magnets are those with poles in the geometric center i.e. on the flat surface. If you're not able to get along with defining material properties, I'd recommend DeGarmo's Physics book which deals with the definition, nature and properties of metals, alloys, steel, magnet in depth. Hope this helps.

• HG1HG1 Posts: 8Member

After many attempts I found out that you can simply set the "Magnetic direction" to "Cylindrical" in the "Material Assignment" of the magnetic material under "Magnetic Coercivity". The azimuth angle specifies the direction. In addition, a new reference frame must be created by rotating the global reference frame by 90° in the correct direction.

Unfortunately, the simulation still does not work correctly. As you can see from the vector illustration in the pdf-file, the calculation of the field between the inner ring made of Alnico5 and the outer ring made of Steel 1010 is incorrect.

Does anyone know any workaround?