Error with installation and VPN licensing

Hey,

I tried to install the Teaching- license of our university („aa_t_a“). I first installed ANSYS 2020 R1 (3 ISO images) and after that the license manager. During both installations I got errors that should be stated in the log files. I shut down my anti-virus software and my firewall and was connected via VPN.

The then opened license manager "is stopped".

The error files:

install.err

>>>--------------------------------------->
ANSYS installation: So Sep 20 00:01:58 2020
Revision: 2020 R1

###### Error #######
  Error extracting D:\license\WINX64.7z:
  '"C:\Users\sstap\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp26576\7zip\7z.exe" x -aoa -bb1 "D:\license\WINX64.7z" "-oC:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc"' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): 
    Unknown error
  Exit Code: 2

ANSYS installation: So Sep 20 00:04:22 2020
Revision: 2020 R1

###### Error #######
  Error extracting D:\license\WINX64.7z:
  '"C:\Users\sstap\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp26576\7zip\7z.exe" x -aoa -bb1 "D:\license\WINX64.7z" "-oC:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc"' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): 
    Unknown error
  Exit Code: 2
  ###### Warnings/errors #######
  Warnings/errors were encountered while running the ANSYS License Manager configuration. Please check the install_licconfig.err file in the installation directory for details.

install_licconfig.err

2020/09/20 00:03:07 ...WARNING: Attempt to populate the CVD 'license_files' directory did not find a legacy ANSYS license file at the following location:
            C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\license.dat
2020/09/20 00:03:58 ...WARNING: Because no license files were found in the following location, the 'ANSYS, Inc. License Manager' service was not able to be started.
            C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\license_files
            The ANSYS License Management Center's 'Add a License File' link should be used to install license files and to start the ANSYS, Inc. License Manager.
            This can be accessed through the 'ANSYS, Inc. License Manager --> ANSYS License Management Center' item in the Windows Start menu/Apps page.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Opening the workbench, I can see toolboxes. Trying e.g the "Transient Thermal" toolbox, I get the error:

and after "OK"

In the „Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility“ I can't see any licenses (I saw some a few installations ago, but right now they don't appear).

What might be my issue?

Answers

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

Is this machine the correct machine for the license file ? i.e., is the first line in the license file show this machine information ?

There is something odd because your License Manager is not running but it seems you are using license from another machine but that license just has expired TECs