UDF compilation problem in ANSYS Fluent 2020 R2

Hi,

Please find attached images for error messages. Here, I tried to compile the customizable UDF from ANSYS fluent manual.

I used "in-built compiler" and "MS Visual studio19 compiler (trying all available answers)".

The errors are either "'C:\Users\yashr\Desktop\ansystuts\ansystuts_files\dp0\FFF\Fluent\libudf\win64\2ddp_node>C:\PROGRA~1\ANSYS Inc\v202\fluent/../commonfiles/CPython/3_7/winx64/Release/python/scons C:\PROGRA~1\ANSYS' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." OR "(chdir "libudf")(chdir "win64\2ddp_node")'nmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Also, I didn't find option to start fluent 2020R2 in serial mode. Resulting in "The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for parallel use on the current platform (win64)." error.

Answers

• Try launching Fluent using the -t0 flag. Change total number of processors to 0 and see if this alleviates the issue you are seeing.

It is also possible that the MS visual studio is not installed correctly on your computer. Please double check if this is done correctly.

You could also try to 'Use the In-Built Compiler' option in Fluent 2020R2.

Thanks.

Karthik

• The fluent does not let me start using 0 processors. Also, I used 'in-built compiler' but doesn't work (as mentioned in the question). Thanks for your suggestions.

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator

nmake means there isn't an external compiler (typically Microsoft). I'm not sure why the built in compiler is failing though, does it run when you launch Fluent outside of Workbench. The lack of parallelisation of the code may mean the result isn't correct but doesn't normally stop the compiler from working.

• attiqattiq Member

Facing Same Issue