how to check features in the licensing pool

Hi, I'm using the research version of ANSYS and I can successfully run simulations in the ANSYS workbench with no problem.

However, when I tried to run input files for ANSYS transient thermal module consecutively from cmd using the below command lines:

set ANSYS181_PRODUCT=ANSYS

set ANS_CONSEC=YES

"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v181\ansys\bin\winx64\ansys181" -b -i test.dat -o test.out

I got errors saying:

According to what I have googled online, my guess is that for the line "set ANSYS181_PRODUCT=ANSYS", I should refer to my licence file to see which licence I have and replace ANSYS with whatever ansys licence I have (kept in my licence.dat file).

I'm pretty new to this and I could not find this licence.dat (not in C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing).

Can anyone help me on what to add for the "set ANSYS181_PRODUCT=?", or I'm actually wrong on this direction, the problems are something else.

Any instructions would be super helpful! Really appreciate it!!!!!!

Tagged:

Answers

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

I'm not sure what these two are for

ANSYS181_PRODUCT=ANSYS

ANS_CONSEC=YES

but they are not to point to ANSYS license server. And you don't need to worry about it because your Workbench opens fine, which means this part is good.

The issue is that you are specifically requesting for 'ansys' license feature and it's not available on your license server machine.

You can use the tool Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility , then check for license status. Post the output of the license status here. On the same utility, you can also launch the User License Preference tool and 'Reset to Default' to see if it makes any difference.