Problem with licensing Discovery AIM 2020 R2 and Workbench not having any analysis option.

BlackFoxyBlackFoxy Member
edited September 23 in Ansys Free Student Software

I just downloaded and instaled Discovery AIM 2020 R2

For one Workbench do not give me any Analysis Systems. And Discovery itself telling me I do not have license to use it.

YT vid of problem

https://youtu.be/GxzCRUy8zGQ

Best Answer

Answers

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

If you want to use Workbench, you need to download the 'ANSYS Student' package.

Can you post the screenshot of the licensing issue for Discovery ? Make sure you post it inline with text.

• BlackFoxyBlackFoxy Member
    edited September 24

Ok thanks about Workbench. Downloading it now to try if it will work. Tho then why Discovery page says it already include "Workbench Analysis Systems"

The file student.lic is where its supposed to be. I also (re)placed it manualy with one from WINX64.7z in ...\DISCOVERY_AIM_STUDENT_2020R2_WINX64\student and it didnt change anything.

Also dissabled antivirus and it didnt change anything.

Edit: Instaled ANSYS Student and while in customization of toolbox it show all modules it does not show them in toolbox itself when they are selected.

• ansysli_until output

License itself

• Thank You, that fixed it.

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

Great ! Glad that works.