Error when testing an ARC Configuration

Hi,

I have been attempting to set up an ARC Configuration with RSM with some computers to test the implementation. However I have run into an issue with the test submission for queues where I have been getting the error:

"Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.32:12201"

I was wondering if I could have some assistance in how to solve this. For context 192.168.1.32 is the machine that is running the test and acting as the Master node. This error is occurring for the regular queue I set up as well as the default 'local' queue.

Answers

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

This is an issue with network communications between machines.

For RSM-ARC version 2020 R1 (20.1), you can either

add Firewall Exceptions to the followings on the 'submit host' machine (assuming default location)

C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201\RSM\bin\Ans.Rsm.UPHost.exe

C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201\RSM\bin\Ans.Rsm.Launcher.exe  

C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201\RSM\ARC\bin\ArcNodeService.exe

C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201\RSM\ARC\bin\ArcMasterService.exe

Or make sure that the ports are open between the machines. You can set the port range or change the default port on the 'submit host' machine in here (default location) C:\Program Files\ANSYS inc\v201\RSM\Config\Ans.Rsm.AppSettings.config

For file transfer using internal transfer mechanism

<add key="SocketTransfererPortRange" value="" />

For Ans.Rsm.UPHost.exe (User Proxy) 

<add key="PortRange" value="" />

For RSM launcher-ARC Master

<add key="CommandCommunicationPort" value="11201" />

For ARC Master, Node

<add key="MasterCommunicationPort" value="12201" />

<add key="NodeCommunicationPort" value="13201" >

For RSM launcher service

<add key="Port" value="9201" />

Once you make this change, please restart RSM launcher service and ARC Master/Node services.