'Body-Ground revolute joint' concern.

Observe the revolute joint in the figure below.

This is a local structure within a big model. My question is, when using revolute joint body-ground, is there a transfer of moment and forces between these two scoped faces, or each face transfers its respective forces and moments to the ground only?

The rotation about the local Z axis should necessarily be equal for both the scoped faces, or not? How are the constraint equations built within the ANSYS solver to model this body-ground revolute joint?

Best Answer

Answers

• An invisible spider element has an independent node at the joint coordinate system origin between those holes and dependent nodes on the two surfaces in blue. There are two settings for the spider element: Rigid and Deformable. Choose Rigid and those two hole surfaces move as a rigid body. All forces and moments for this revolute joint go through the independent node at the origin of the joint coordinate system. For the Rigid type, the rotation about Z of the two hole surfaces will be equal. For the Deformable type, there can be local deformations of the nodes on each hole.

• Rameez_ul_HaqRameez_ul_Haq Member
    edited October 5

Hello sir. Thank you for answering.

I was unable to catch if there will be force and moment transfer between these two mobile surfaces? I mean, can one mobile surface, as in the attached picture, transfer the moments and forces to the other mobile surface or not, passing through the ground? Or all the forces and moments transfer from any of the above mobile surface cannot be transferred to the other mobile surface, and actually they have to go from each of the mobile surface to the ground only?

Can you provide me with any clue on how to model this body-ground revolute joint using constraint equations?