Microplane concrete output results

edited October 5 in Structures

Hello everyone!

I have been trying to simulate cyclic loading on reinforced concrete columns for some time now. In my initial tests, I have succesfully calibrated the F-D curves for a monotonic loading model using elastic microplane model using SOLID185 and REINF264 elements.

According to ansys manual we can see the homogenized and maximum damage parameters using DMAC and DMAX in POST PROCESSING but I am not sure how to fetch these results in WORKBENCH.

Kindly guide me in viewing the damage results.

Also can anyone guide me how to adjust the initial curve of the F-D curve, I tired changing the E, Gamma values but it doesn't get better than this!

Comments

• DavidWDavidW Evanston, ILForum Coordinator

Hi, if this isn't available directly via the GUI, you may be able to plot these use something like the following in a command object in the Solution branch:

/post26

nn=node(1,1,1)

nsol,2,nn,u,x

nsol,3,nn,u,y

nsol,4,nn,u,z

esol,7,1,1,s,x

esol,8,1,1,s,y

esol,9,1,1,s,z

esol,10,1,1,mplane,dmax

esol,5,1,1,mplane,dmac

• @DavidW Thanks for your reply, I tried your commands but i get following error.

DISPLAY ELEMENT SOLUTION, ITEM=MPLA COMP=DMAX             

*** WARNING ***                        CP =      1.859  TIME= 00:27:46

The requested MPLA data is not available. The PLESOL command is       

ignored.                                                               

DISPLAY ELEMENT SOLUTION, ITEM=MPLA COMP=DMAC             

*** WARNING ***                        CP =      1.859  TIME= 00:27:46

The requested MPLA data is not available. The PLESOL command is       

ignored.

• DavidWDavidW Evanston, ILForum Coordinator

Hi, try to issue OUTRES,ALL,ALL in a command object the Solution branch (command object should indicate it is in /SOLU module). For instance, try the following:

OUTRES,ALL,ALL

allsel

The OUTRES command issued this way will write all miscellaneous quantities to the results file. You may also need to issue:

set,last,last

in the /post1 command object if you are solving in distributed mode.

• @DavidW I have tried using these commands but still unable to view results for other steps except first . How to know if the solver is in distributed mode?