Chemkin Pro execution error

Hello everyone,

I am using Chemkin Pro for my simulation. But suddenly it has stopped executing the 'run model' command. When I click on the 'run model' command, nothing happens. I get an error in the command prompt saying the following

</B><FONT SIZE="-1">====================================================================================

The problem detected is java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 20 in thread AWT-EventQueue-0

====================================================================================

Problem detail:

String index out of range: 20

=================================================

Stack Trace information

java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)

com.chemkin.rdcore.ExpirationWarning.<init>(ExpirationWarning.java:39)

com.chemkin.gui.ChemkinFrame.warnIfLicenseExpiring(ChemkinFrame.java:814)

com.chemkin.gui.ChemkinFrame.doInitialDisplay(ChemkinFrame.java:600)

com.chemkin.gui.ChemkinFrame.access$400(ChemkinFrame.java:54)

com.chemkin.gui.ChemkinFrame$5.run(ChemkinFrame.java:498)

java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

End of Stack Trace information

</FONT></PRE><HTML>

forrtl: error (200): program aborting due to window-CLOSE event

Image       PC    Routine      Line    Source

KINeticsdll.dll  49DB1712 Unknown        Unknown Unknown

Stack trace terminated abnormally.

If anyone could me diagnose, I would be really grateful

Answers

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator
    edited October 5

If you check Windows Event Viewer -> Custom Views -> Administrative Events , then look at the timestamp around the time that you encountered this issue, is there any 'Error' event or any useful information ?

Also, what is the OS version ?

One thing you can try real quick is to open CMD Prompt window and enter the following command

move "%appdata%\ansys" "%appdata%\ansys.old"

Make sure it's successful. If not, something is running in there. Please make sure all ANSYS applications are closed then try the command again.

• Wulf22Wulf22 Member

When I enter the following command, I get the following result

C:\Users\omkar kedge>move "%appdata%\ansys" "%appdata%\ansys.old"

The system cannot find the file specified.

• Wulf22Wulf22 Member

I am using Windows 10, also there's no error or warning in the windows event viewer, when chemkin stops executing

Did you install any software on the machine around the time that this issue started happening ?

There are discussions on other threads about Aspen putting files in Windows system files that cause issue with some ANSYS tools including Chemkin.

• Wulf22Wulf22 Member

No, I didnt install anything around that time.

Chemkin opens and we can do all commands , but only when I click on 'run the model' it hangs, and the error pops up in the command window

Can you try creating a new/test Windows user account with a simple English name like 'abc' (without quotes) , then try Chemkin again ?

• Wulf22Wulf22 Member

Hi, I tried creating another user account. Chemkin ran smoothly for the starting 2-3 simulations, but again it started showing the same errors.