Licensing issues

Dear support,

I'm enrolled in the online master degree "Numerical Simulation in engineering with Ansys", after the installation I experienced problems in license validation, also following the troubleshooting procedure that was provided in the course material. In the attachments I uploaded some screenshot to explain my issue.

Another question: can I use this license with every kind of connection? For example if I'm out of home and I'm using the study-room wifi ore the phone hotspot will the license work?

Answers

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

Hi,

Could you post the screenshots inline with text ? ANSYS employees are not allowed to download attachment.

Do you have a license file that is issued for your own machine ? If so, there is a way to make it work without having network (or internet) connection .

• I don't have any files, this license is provided me by the university UPM Madrid, I registered the name of my laptop on their website as you can see from the screenshots

edited October 6

If the license is hosted elsewhere and you are not connecting directly to your school network, you will need a stable network connection and VPN (this must be provided by your school) to connect to the network that the license server is connected to.

Then, make sure that in y our Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility -> Specify License Server machine, you fill out the correct information for the license server.

Note: Your images are still attached as files. Try using the 'Upload Images' button to attach it inline with text.

• Hi, I have the VPN, and all the needed data, what is still missing is the license file. How may I proceed to get it?

HOSTNAME: MattiaMSI

PLATFORM: WINX64

IDTYPE: D

FLEXID: 3e8c7a43

That's to generate license file. You do not need to provide this data.

Just do this

1. make sure that in your Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility -> Specify License Server machine, you fill out the correct information for the license server.

2. verify that networking connection to this license server is good. You must be able to communicate with the license server via port 2325. If there is an issue at this step, contact your network IT.