UDF-code

Hi

How can I write a UDF-code for inlet temperature( fully developed profile) with conjugate heat analysis? I have two inlets ( two fluid domains and solid domain).

Also, how can I write a code for velocity and k-e profiles, by making a fully developed flow at inlet with copying the face mesh of outlet profile to inlet?

Best regards

A.A

Answers

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator

Please check the manual for DEFINE_PROFILE examples. Better to use Fluent Expression (example in the User'Guide to code a parabolic velocity profile)

• Thanks for your reply,

I have checked the manual, but no thing is helpful. The geometry is non-circular pipe. Perhaps, the velocity profile is not complicated. However, the periodic temperature profile for both inlets( for each fluid) is complicated since I am doing conjugate heat analysis between two fluids and interface solid domain.

• If you are looking for these detailed profile files, I'd say run a quick simulation with streamwise periodic flow conditions. This will give you the necessary profiles which you can use in your final simulation.

Thanks.

Karthik

• Thanks Kremella for your reply.

Your way can be done for velocity field or pressure, but how about the temperaure?

• You can see in the attached for what I am talking about. I have a counter flow between two fluids which are separated by a wall (solid domain). I'm trying to write a UDF , in which I am coping the velocity of the outlet face to inlet. But I got more problem in that code.

So, I am looking for better way to solve this problem. or how I can copy the velocity at outlet face to inlet to make as periodic. Another issue is with Temerature.

Best regards.

Abbas

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator

For velocity you can use a profile. If you fix the temperature in that way you'll find both sides have the same value as you'll be modelling the equilibrium condition.

• Thanks Rob for your reply,

The wall temperature is variant linearly. It is not constant. If it is constant, then it is easy to model the problem as separated domains.

Can I apply a periodic(UDF) temperature on both ends for each fluid?

Regards

Abbas

You can, but think through the temperature field.

If in=out on both sides what temperature will that become?

• Yes, you are right. but I think to apply a temperature profile at the inlets instead of periodic temperature.

OK, so you can use a profile. But, you'll still need to figure out at what value.