How do I solve an error encountered in calculating conduction path?

I am learning how to use Discovery AIM for permanent magnet modeling. Whenever I try to solve the physics, I receive an error that says "Error encountered in calculating conduction path" under the message "Conduction Paths 1 is conditionally up-to-date". This error happens regardless of the model or materials that I am using, and it is making it impossible to solve anything using the program. If anyone has any advice on how to fix this error, I would be extremely grateful.

Answers

• edited October 6

I feel like it's worth noting that I am using 2020 R2. I haven't used any prior version of the program, so I do not know whether or not this is a new problem people might be facing. Thanks for the help!

• Hello BenFischer3180 

Can you go to path  %UserSpecific%\ANSYS Inc\v202\Electronics\Win64 and try launching EletronicsDesktop (ansysedt.exe)? If it's failing to luanch, it could be possible that this exe is getting blocked due to Firewall, or there could be something wrong with the installation and you may need to uninstall and reinstall Discovery AIM.

• Hello,

I am using the student version of AIM so I don't have Electronics Desktop installed. Additionally, I'm able to launch the program perfectly fine, but this "Error encountered in calculating conduction path" is preventing me from solving anything and finding results for the models I've been using. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it did nothing.

• Hello,

AIM uses ElectronicsDesktop for solving Electromagnetic problems. So when you install AIM, ElectronicsDesktop also gets installed within its installation directory. Did you encounter any error during installation?

• Hello,

I have the same problem. I tried to find the folder where the ansysedit.exe is located. I found more than one data which is called ansysedit.exe. Here are the locations:

D:\Programme\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v202\Electronics\Win64 It's a green sign labelled with EDT

C:\Users\Florian\AppData\Local\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs It's a log file called ansysedit.exe

There are some AppCrash reports, too, but i can't open them.

I also have the Ansys AIM 2020 R2 version installed and also reinstalled. The first simulation after installing was successful but after some days I couldn't open the simulation without the upper mentioned error. After reinstalling, the problem was instant there. I tried to use another PC and other models. There, the same problem occurred. I allowed Ansys and Electronics Desktop access through the firewall. I tried to start the ansysedit.exe but nothing happened.

I need the program for my final thesis which I have to finish in 8 weeks.

Does somebody understand the problem and does have a solution?

• Hello,

I have the same problem. I found two files called ansysedt.exe:

D:\Programme\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v202\Electronics\Win64 It's a green sign labelled with EDT

C:\Users\Florian\AppData\Local\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs It's a log file called ansysedt.exe

I also found some AppCrashes, but I can't open them.

After installing the Ansys AIM 2020 R2 version the simulation was successful. Some days later, the upper mentioned problem occurred. After reinstalling the program, the problem was instant there. I also tried installing the software on my other pc. After some time, the same problem occurred. Using other models didn't work.

I gave Ansys and Electronics Desktop access through the firewall. After starting the ansysedt.exe nothing happened.

I need this program for simulating a magnetic field with permanent magnets for my final thesis which I have to finish in 8 weeks.

Does someone understand the problem and have a solution?