Ansys 19.2 EM Uninstaller Wont Run

Trying to run the uninstaller (have tried via script and manually) and get a message that it detects that the uninstaller is already running. I have restarted with the same result and also tried several computers.

Anyone else run into this?

Answers

• mmadoremmadore Forum Coordinator

@rmadams How did you try to uninstall? Did you use Windows -> Programs and Features, or did you try running the files from C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\Uninstall ?

• I am running from C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\Uninstall. The goal is to send a script to uninstall remotely, but I have tried running the uninstaller manually from this folder as well. 

• mmadoremmadore Forum Coordinator

Can you try:

"C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\AnsysEM19.2\Win64\Uninstall\setup.exe" /runfromtemp /z suppressconfirmation /removeonly

• Hi,

That is what we are using - we have tried with and without the /runfromtemp.  Still getting the message that it detects that the uninstaller is already running.  This happens after rebooting as well (and we just run the uninstaller by hand).

Thanks!

• rjkosarirjkosari Forum Coordinator

Hi,

If you look in Windows task manager -> Details tab. Do you see a "setup.exe" process running?

In Windows Add/Remove Programs, is "ANSYS Electronics Suite 19.2" listed?

Please confirm, the exact message being displayed.