Saving intermediate files using System Coupling with RSM

Hello,

I have a running FSI model with restart files saved at certain frequency using System Coupling GUI on my local machine.

I want to use my FSI model on RSM but RSM throws error at the time when restart files are written out. I am not getting the real cause.

When I am not writing any intermediate/restart files, my FSI model on RSM is running perfectly fine and it writes out final result at the end of simulation. I checked even standalone mechanical and standalone fluid solver (CFX/Fluent) and they do write intermediate files on RSM.

I am wondering what could be the possible reasons.

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Comments

• Below are messages on RSM job history.

I am seeing a warning message.

" | Warnings were found during data model validation. Participant Transient Structural (CouplingParticipant:Solution 1) has the  ExecutionControl 'Option' set to 'ExternallyManaged'. System Coupling  will not control the startup/shutdown behavior of this participant.  Participant CFX (CouplingParticipant:Solution 2) has the ExecutionControl | 'Option' set to 'ExternallyManaged'. System Coupling will not control  the startup/shutdown behavior of this participant. "

And error message at intermediate file writing.

Error in TcpCommunicatingSocket::recv() End of file Error in TcpCommunicatingSocket::send() Broken pipe Error in TcpCommunicatingSocket::send(). System coupling run completed successfully. Traceback (most recent call last): 1233 9/30/2020 6:14:45 PM  File "/gpfs1/apps/ansys20.1/ansys_inc/v201/SystemCoupling/PyLib/main/Controller.py", line 162, in <module> 1234 9/30/2020 6:14:45 PM   _run(sys.argv)