Same Simulation in two tempratures

Hi,

I am trying to perform the same simulation (two phase flow, transient simulation).

I have performed the simulation once without activating the energy equations (which means the temperature will be standard condition).

Now I want to perform the same simulation at 60 C. To do so which one is the correct approach?

1. Going to Boundary Condition ---> Operating Condition....> Operating Temperature.....> 60 and then Putting 60C for all inlets and outlets and choosing 60C for all walls
  2. Not changing anything in Operating condition and Putting 60C for all inlets and outlets and choosing 60C for all walls?

I also want to know which way is the correct way for walls, should I give them all constant temperature of 60 or should I give them all zero heat flux?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator

If you do want to run the case at isotherm T= 60°C (because material properties depend on that). You enable energy equation, initialize temperature to be 60°C, switch off energy equation under Solution Controls>Equations and run.

If you want to run with Energy equation: that is then straightforward..

• Thanks Dr Armin,

I understood the first method you mentioned.

About running with Energy equations, which one are you referring too? the first method or the second method I mentioned?

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator

The second one will require solving energy equation. The first one does not require that.