The fluent application is unable to start

raviteja111raviteja111 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2020 in Ansys Free Student Software

Hi every one,

I am trying to simulate a model (Fluent). I am done with geomentry and meshing. I cant open the fluent. after sometime it shows me error like" The FLUENT application failed to start".

can anyone help me out. I am using student version 2020 r2.

thanks in advance

Answers

• mmadoremmadore Posts: 1,058Ansys Employee

@raviteja111 Are you by chance connected to a VPN when this occurs? Can you please share a screenshot, don't attach but paste it into the body of a reply as we cannot download attachments.

Thanks

Matt

• baldaconibaldaconi Posts: 10Member

Hello to all,

I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything I could find in this forum and none of those solutions have been succesful to me: Reordering the PATH, making a clean install from scratch, updating drivers for my graphics device, disabling firewalls, disabling other conection devices. None of that works. And I'm not using a VPN also.

I'll provide some screenshots, maybe that helps.

When I try to run FLUENT from a project in the Workbench I get the following error:

Then I tried to start FLUENT via command line, using

"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v202\fluent\ntbin\win64\fluent.exe" ^-r20.2.0 3d -meshing and I get either a frozen FLUENT window (below) or, if I try to resize the window, I get the error in the second picture below. Either way, I have to kill the process cx2020.exe using Windows Task Manager.

Frozen FLUENT:

Resize window error:

If I try to run FLUENT using Windows start menu or via command line with the non-GUI option ("C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v202\fluent\ntbin\win64\fluent.exe" ^-r20.2.0 -g -meshing), I get an error message as in the first picture of my post:

As I said, I've tried every solution I could find in this forum, so I'm really stuck now. I really could use some help.

Thanks!

• baldaconibaldaconi Posts: 10Member

Oh, and my computer has the following configuration:

Tnx