difference between "initial fraction" and "reactant fraction" when using chemkin program.

chemQchemQ Member
edited October 14 in Fluids

I would like to know the difference between "initial fraction" and "reactant fraction" when using chemkin program. I think the "initial fraction" is the proportion of the fluid entering the first, and the "reactant fraction" is the rate at which the fluid reacts. Is this what I am thinking? Is there any example where the difference between the two can be confirmed?

Tagged:

Answers

• rahkumarrahkumar Forum Coordinator
    edited October 19

Hello,

In the reaction fraction tab, you input the inlet gas compositions. Not sure what you mean by initial fraction. Can you please elaborate more on your question? For an example, please refer to the tutorial : https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v202/en/chemkin_tg/i31276.html

• chemQchemQ Member
    edited October 19

When using a PSR reactor, there is a field for inputting the initial gas fraction in the "C1_Plasma PSR" section, and the section for entering the Reactant fraction in the "C1_Inlet1" section.

I think that the initial gas fraction represents the composition of the reactor before adding the inlet gas. And I think the reactant fraction represents the inlet gas composition. I want a plasma reaction, and I think I put the state before plasmaization into "C1_Inlet1". Is that right?

Or, is it entering the state before the incoming gas becomes plasma in the initial gas fraction? In other words, are you entering the equilibrium value of the inlet gas?